The mission of the Happy lungs Project is to support researchers and clinicians in their work towards finding a cure for RET-Positive Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, while educating and empowering patients in their own healing journey.
Our focus is on funding initiatives to:
- Elucidate the mechanisms of resistance to RET targeted therapies and new combination therapies for RET-inhibitor resistant disease.
- Accelerate the development of new immunotherapies for RET cancer such as novel adaptive T cell therapies.
- Raise patient awareness of clinical trials in order to facilitate enough participation to allow trials to happen.
- Provide education for early and high-quality comprehensive biomarker testing for all patients.
- Fund new projects to design new medicines for RET and the generation of RET cancer preclinical models including cell lines and patient-derived xenograft mouse models.
Additionally, we will collaborate with researchers and clinicians to advance on the RET research and potentiate multidisciplinary collaborations and also alert patients and their families to new clinical trials which may create the next generation of life saving treatments.